[CS-FSLUG] Recording church services

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 19:25:18 CDT 2005

On 7/31/05, Robert W. <robertwo at insightbb.com> wrote:
> I'm doing a bit of research into options for recording our church
> services. Does your church record its services? Are they recorded to
> tape, CD, or sound files?
>
> I'm looking for information on the options that are available, and a
> general cost range (is it thousands of dollars, or a couple hundred).
>
> --

When I was researching for "Penguin in the Pew" 2.0, I discovered one
of the guys on the L4C list uses a Debian (or Ubuntu?) box with
Lyricue and Audacity to display the lyrics and record the services at
his church in Texas.  They lost their sanctuary in a fire, and are
using the GNU/Linux box as a cheap replacement for what they had/could
get.  It allows them to save money while they rebuild.  A 12-year-old
kid runs Lyricue, while the L4C member runs Audacity.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/