[CS-FSLUG] NI: Protect the vibrant Iraqi Christian community.

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 01:08:59 CDT 2005

On 7/30/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> I knew you'd say something like this.

Perhaps I'm becoming a little too predictable, but maybe a little
elaboration will make me fit less into any given stereotype.

While I stand by my statement about the video clip being little more
than a propoganda film, I'll add that I considered printing out a few
copies of the Canadian version of their petition and circulating them
around.  However, the August 7th deadline made that impractical.

I'm kind of curious as to how you view that the petition is seeking
religious freedom through the inclusion of the UN's Universal
Declaration of Human Rights in the new constitution for Iraq.  From
what I recall, you're not a great big fan of the UN, given such things
as the ideas it seems to exhibit on "reproductive rights" (ie.
abortion, etc.).  Does, in your view, such a statement imply an
overall endorsement of the UN and hence you'd be opposed, or are you
in favour of the usage of UN documents if they seem to fit the
situation?  (I'm trying to rack my brain for an alternate way to
approach this issue given a non-Christian population, and haven't had
any great ideas).

David