[CS-FSLUG] NI: Protect the vibrant Iraqi Christian community.

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 22:37:12 CDT 2005

That website does seem a little politically charged.  Heavy on
flag-waving with not a single-explicit reference to Iraqi religious
freedom (from an Iraqi) inside it that I noted while viewing it.

With the "liberty and justice for all" blurb (ie. US pledge of
allegiance) on the website, I think that perhaps this organization is
a little too American.  I think that the way their petition is
phrased, a sound of an American imposition to it (something which
might have a bit of a backlash in the Mid-East).

Interestingly, some suggest that there was a greater level of
religious freedom in Iraq under Saddam Hussein than inside other
countries in the area with the USA has more friendly relations.  See,
for example, the following webpage -
http://woh.gospelcom.net/merf/articles/iraqChurches.html

David

P.S. always beware what is possible with video editing when viewing a
film that tries to deliver a message of any sort