[CS-FSLUG] NI: Novell Files Answer and Counterclaims, and Tells Us the Rest of the SCO Story

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 17:27:18 CDT 2005

On 7/30/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 30 July 2005 5:02 pm, Don Parris wrote:
> > On 7/30/05, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > SCO vs. Linux has been going on for a very long time and I stopped
> > > following it maybe a year ago or so. I'm not sure about the rest of
> > > you, but the only follow ups I'm looking forward to is when SCO
> > > looses. I remember hearing about MS putting some funds behind SCO,
> > > that might explain why they have held up so long against Red Hat,
> > > Novell, IBM, and all the other smaller groups they were going to sue.

> > A complaint was filed with the SEC, with respect to the funds
> > channelled to SCO from Msft through it's connections.  It is true that
> > Msft claims that Baystar makes its own investment decisions.  However,
> > the complaint filed points to illegal/improper insider trading and
> > other scandalous actions by both SCO Group and Microsoft executives
> > and insiders, including former Msft, officer, Paul Allen.  I am
> > waiting to see if that complaint ever gets anywhere.
>
> You and me both! I filed an inquirey sometime ago about this, and was simply
> told that it was under investigation. I've heard nor read anything since.
> But, the SEC is very much like the FDA. That is, money and power controls
> what happens to whom. In the case of the FDA, it's the drug companies who get
> what they want, no matter what is moral and proper.

Ummm... I understand the SEC actually does a pretty good job at
sorting things out.  I think with Enron and other scandals to
consider, they'll take this complaint as seriously as it deserves to
be taken.  Unless you can point to specific SEC-Corp ties, I'm a
little wary of that connection right now.  I'll admit the FDA is
pretty much a hoax.  But I thought the problem with the SEC was the
lack of enforcement power.  I don't know the specifics, but I think
the Gov't has given the SEC some teeth.  Anyway, we'll see.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/