[CS-FSLUG] Re: NI: Images: First views of Windows Vista

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:23:23 CDT 2005

On 7/29/05, David Aikema <daikema at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/28/05, Don Parris <gnumathetes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > BTW, while we're on this, a guy I work with described his experience
> > with the MSIE 7.0 beta today.  He says it looks like Msft replaced the
> > Firefox icons with their own, and called it  MSIE.  He was baffled by
> > the extension manager.  "Manage your extensions".  "What's to
> > manage?", my buddy asked.  Either it's there or it ain't, you want it
> > or you don't.  We decided it would make the users feel important,
> > knowing they can "manage" their extensions.
>
> If Firefox has an extension manager then what's so back about IE
> having one?  Firefox extensions include stuff like allowing easy
> webpage translation, search modifications, etc.  If IE can provide the
> same stuff as extensions, then why not?
>
> David

Msft should supply the functionality. The guy was just saying that
Firefox doesn't make such a big deal of it.  That's all.  For dommy's
sake, the extension manager supports all those Flash & ActiveX plugins
(we're guessing).  If it supports the ActiveX plugins, you're probably
close - that would make it a tool for catching viruses so you can
spend your time cleaning viruses off your system. :-)  I know, it's a
cheap shot.  But I'm just in the mood for that today.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/