[CS-FSLUG] Re: NI: Images: First views of Windows Vista

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:49:00 CDT 2005

On 7/28/05, Don Parris <evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:14:49 -0600
> "Nathan T." <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/0,1206,l=&s=26945&a=156757,00.asp
> > More screenshots, from the looks of it the start menu is going to be even
> > worse.
> >
> > On 7/28/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> > > http://news.zdnet.com/2300-9590_22-5806815-1.html?tag=nl.e539
> > >
> > > --
>
> I like the idea of including the command prompt in the start menu - at
> least, for that style of desktop.  However, I really didn't see much else
> that would interest me.  I've liked the KDE/GNOME icons for some time now -
> always found them to be quite suitable.  I have translucent menus in KDE,
> and really just don't see anything to be excited about with Vista.
>
> Don
> --

BTW, while we're on this, a guy I work with described his experience
with the MSIE 7.0 beta today.  He says it looks like Msft replaced the
Firefox icons with their own, and called it  MSIE.  He was baffled by
the extension manager.  "Manage your extensions".  "What's to
manage?", my buddy asked.  Either it's there or it ain't, you want it
or you don't.  We decided it would make the users feel important,
knowing they can "manage" their extensions.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/