[CS-FSLUG] NI: Getting a handle on Windows Vista

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 26 22:38:16 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 10:55:23PM -0400, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 July 2005 6:53 pm, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> > > Playing "devil's advocate," the author might not have known. You don't
> > > expect anyone at MickySoft to be honest, do you? :)
> >
> > <rant>
> > This sort of thing is truly obnoxious, Fred.  I know some MS people, and
> > know them to be dedicated, skilled programmers.  I've coded using
> > Microsoft's libraries, and the ones I used had alot of good ideas in
> > them, and would have been truly glorious, had they been completed.
>
> So what? They aren't Gates or Ballmer who happen to be the "main" mouth pieces
> at M$ and have lied more often than not. Sorry you find it obnoxious, but I
> stand by what I said.
>
> > The average programmer at MS is VERY good at his job (they'd have to be,
> > to get through the interview process).  The problem is that it's not the
> > programmers and testers who decide when the product gets shipped, it's
> > the advertisers and the accountants.  It is also the advertisers and the
> > accountants that set the business model you hate so much.
> >
> > Basically, Fred, be a little bit more discriminating when you bash
> > people you don't know for things you don't know anything about.
>
> Why? Those who are at the forefront at MickySoft are WELL KNOWN to NOT tell
> the truth unless it serves their purpose. The press doesn't talk to
> programmers, as they aren't allowed to. So, I'll stand by what I said.....it
> was and still is the truth.

"Anyone at MickySoft" includes the programmers to which I referred.  The
term MickySoft refers to the quality of their workmanship, I presume.  I
was just making it clear to you that the programmers are solid coders,
who are not granted the incredible luxury that OSS programmers have:
setting their own deadlines.  You insult a vast group of people,
because you lack the precision to say, "You don't expect anyone in
Microsoft's PR department to be honest, do you?".

What you said is a libel.

Aaron Lehmann