[CS-FSLUG] NI: Getting a handle on Windows Vista

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Jul 26 09:39:18 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 2:25 am, Nathan T. wrote:

[snip]

> Last time I read the minimum requirements they were a 3Ghz dual core
> processor and 1 Gb of ram, obviously that has changed a little but I

It still is, in reality. The 512MB is a MINIMUM amount of RAM needed to load
up and run.

> still wonder why such a non-commitment was made on naming what kind of
> processor would be needed in this newer article. I don't see any new

Playing "devil's advocate," the author might not have known. You don't expect
anyone at MickySoft to be honest, do you? :)

> features that haven't showed up in other operating systems, this
> doesn't mean I'm attacking Windows for copying though, in fact I think
> catching up is a good initiative for any company to work on, but I
> think it's only fair to make sure credit for innovation is given where
> it's due. I wonder what the price will be on this OS, whether it will
> be higher or lower than the current price of Windows XP home.

If they follow the course they always have, and considering the CLAIMED R&D
they will spend, it'll be at least s pricy as XP. Yes, I've always been at
least annoyed that they copy or steal from someone else's ideas, then claim
that it's their innovation. Just another lie from the most immoral company in
the US.

Fred

to you, at this time.