[CS-FSLUG] As if that many really care, but here it is anyway.

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:40:29 CDT 2005

On 7/22/05, "‡ø®a Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar)" <survivor at brisnet.org> wrote:
> Windoze OSes -  They all be the same.  It doesn't matter what they call it.

There was a big difference between their Win9x series an WinXP
(although you could just view WinXP as a continuation of the business
line).  That said, I'm not quite sure if there will be anything much
worth an upgrade in this case.

On 7/22/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> That was pretty much my point. Wait till MicroSofties find out how much 'Puter
> it's going to take to run that over-bloated monolith!!

Last I checked, the most common Linux desktop environments (KDE,
Gnome) were also quite processor-heavy.  If there's enough benefit to
justify more processor usage, then why not... (not to say that you
shouldn't optimize).

David