[CS-FSLUG] OT: 8th Anniversary

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Wed Jul 20 10:49:44 CDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:51:36 -0400
Tim Young <Tim.Young at LightSys.org> wrote:

> My wife and I celebrated our third anniversary about 4 weeks ago.  We
> knew we might be traveling (travailing?) cross country, so we celebrated
> it a little early.  Two weeks before our actual anniversary we took our
> newly repaired motorhome from Portland to Minnesota.  The engine caught
> fire twice and had a very large number of other problems with it.  It
> took much longer than expected.  After a few days of driving all night
> and sleeping a few hours during the day (we had overheting problems so
> it ran better during the night), we finally arrived back home in
> Minnesota.  There we found a number of relatives had gathered, as my
> grandfather had been diagnosed with terminal cancer.  We pulled in at
> 6:30am, got a few hours sleep, and then spent the rest of the day
> talking to people about wills and stuff like that.  Somewhere that day,
> my wife looks over at me with bleary eyes and says, "happy
> anniversary!"  I was glad we had celebrated early...
>
>     - Tim Young

Well, if you want to truly understand the phrase "unconditional love", get
married and have a family.  You may discover that, at times, your marriage
could be a little like your road trip (though I pray not).  In those times,
you will have to do a little "night driving" (praying all night, that is).
Of course, you'll really come to appreciate the peaks after coming through
the valleys.  I appreciate all the encouraging words, and pray that God will
strengthen your marriages in His own special way.

Don
--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/