[CS-FSLUG] NI: SCO e-mail: No 'smoking gun' in Linux code

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Jul 15 20:41:15 CDT 2005

"The project was a result of SCO's executive management refusing to believe
that it was possible for Linux and much of the GNU software to have come into
existence without someone somewhere having copied pieces of proprietary UNIX
source code," Davidson said in the e-mail. "The hope was that we would find a
'smoking gun' somwhere (sic) in code that was being used by Red Hat and/or
the other Linux companies that would give us some leverage."

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5789132.html?tag=nl.e589

to you, at this time.