[CS-FSLUG] Microsoft Church Case Study

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:03:27 CDT 2005

Anyone seen this?
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/casestudies/CaseStudy.asp?CaseStudyID=15041

Interesting stuff.  Apparently posted last year prior to the release
of PitP 1.0.  It appears to me that whoever setup the GNU/Linux
infrastructure did a really poor job of designing the network.
Everything they mention (what's the alternative to AD? OES?) is doable
under GNU/Linux.  And why they were experiencing network intrusions
can only lead up to the guru not knowing security very well.

I think they replaced the wrong thing.  The church probably should
have made sure the guy got some classes, or looked for a new IT guru.
I just don't see why they couldn't have redesigned the infrastructure,
rather than replace the software.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist