[CS-FSLUG] NI: Longhorn following Unix on security?

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 15:39:33 CDT 2005

Interesting,

> > This report is old, but contains some info on SQL
> Server that would scare
> > the tar out of anyone.  I don't know if Msft has
> taken the path predicted
> > in the article (basing the new filesystem on
> it??), but that would be
> > seriously scary.
>
> It IS seriously scary!! And, yes.....the "new" file
> system is AT THE CORE of

But wasn't this database filesystem removed as a
feature from the initial release of Longhorn? If I
recall correctly, Longhorn's really cool features are
turning into vaporware as SCO's case against IBM and
the GPL desintigrates. It was my understanding that
Longhorn was turning into XP, service pack 3.