[CS-FSLUG] GUNS AND THE FUTURE OF UNITED STATES

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 17:53:29 CDT 2005

On 7/12/05, Aaron Lehmann <lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org> wrote:
> yet.  He did, however, ask to insure that his disciples had a sword.

Where does it state that?

 "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who
draw the sword will die by the sword. - Matthew 26:52 (NIV)

I can also find references like the following:

 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be
afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's
servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. -
Romans 13:4

... about the closest that I can find to Christians being armed is the
bit in Ephesians 6 about the armour of God.  Is that what you were
referring to?

David