[CS-FSLUG] Door stop?

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Jul 7 21:34:33 CDT 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 8:52 pm, Ed Hurst wrote:
> On my front porch sits an ancient server. Somebody brought it to my
> house, thinking I might cannibalize the parts and leave him the case to
> use for storage. This monster is about 27x19x22 inches (70x48x56 cm),
> sits on four casters and weighs about 160 pounds (73kg). It's an IBM
> Netfinity 7000, Type 8651-RMO. The two SCSIs are missing. The mobo
> sports 2-Type8 sockets, one filled, but I don't know with what -- I
> understand it ranges between 133-300Mhz. There are three removable power
> supplies.

Yep.....built like a tank, like most of IBM servers and desktops have been,
until the sale to the Chinese. :( That box is PROBABLY speced. as: Netfinity
Server, 200 MHZ Pentium Pro. They were commonly two-way boxen.

Fred

> Turns out too many parts are specialized for just that box, which has
> welded partitions in it. He realized he couldn't use it and let me keep
> it. What could I do with it? I don't even have a power cord that fits
> this beast; the three prongs are horizontal, unlike the vertical ones in
> desktop models. Whether it works remains a question.

I believe IBM still has parts, but they won't be cheap.

Fred

to you, at this time.