[CS-FSLUG] Prayer request

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Jul 7 10:19:19 CDT 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 3:57 am, Nathan T. wrote:

[snip]

> Flip a coin and decide whether you want to pray that things get easier
> or that I get fired, either one is acceptable but my favourite is not
> having to spend another day there. I can think of more humane kinds of
> torture than my job, like having my toe nails pulled out, I can see
> why so many people I know quit working at Staples before too long.
>
> I would have quit by now but the managers are nice, I've already
> brought that up once but its not easy because they try so hard to talk
> me out of it and the paycheck is still tempting. It may be a few more
> days at least before I decide to brave the managers again, right now
> I'm so upset with what happened at lunch time today that I don't think
> I could keep a straight face. If I get fired or laid off now it would
> make things much easier.

Nathan, my friend. You MAY be there for just more than a paycheck. God knows
what's going on, and WON'T allow you to endure anymore than HE knows you can
handle WITH Him at your side. YES, I'd continue to look for a job while you
remain at Staples, but KEEP the knowledge in the FOREFRONT of your mind, that
our Lord just may YOUR witness to be a "light" for this fellow OR someone
else there. That is, the way YOU handle this just may be VERY important for
someone else to see. Life gets very complicated frequently, and we ALL get
side tracked into concentrating on what affects us directly and become
negative about it, instead of going into prayer with our Father, admitting
our faults, sins, asking for foregiveness, and seeking His help to do
WHATEVER it is he would have us do.

Here's something that will help you. In particular, when under stress, in your
mind continue to repeat what's called the "Jesus prayer." Which is, "Lord
Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner."

Keep us posted and we will all pray for you.

Fred

to you, at this time.