[CS-FSLUG] New computer

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Wed Jul 6 12:14:01 CDT 2005

I'm having a bit of a dilemma about which direction to take: the new
generation- pci express, sata or stay with the old cheaper stuff.

Here is what I was thinking about for the *new generation*:

Case: Raidmax Cobra (Blue)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA K8n Ultra-9
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 939
Memory: Kingston 512MB DDR2
Graphics Card: Gigabyte PCX5300 128MB DDR TV/DVI
Hard Drive: Western Digital 80GB 7200 SATA
DVD: LG
DVD Burner: LG
Mouse: Logitech Pilot Optical (PS2 or usb)
Keyboard: Generic
Speakers: Generic
No floppy

I could maybe swap the Mobo for a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum.

Do I invest some extra money as in the above or stick with the *old* stuff?

BTW. What is the differenc between the Nvidia 3 and 4 chipsets (mobo)?

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com