[CS-FSLUG] SUSE 9.3 installation comments

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Jul 5 13:39:36 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 1:11 pm, Frank Bax wrote:
> I liked the way setup presented lots of info on screen and allowed me to
> flip between them to review configure various options.
>
> I set the TimeZone properly, but was there an option to review/modify
> current time also?  This machine didn't have clock set to UTC.
>
> I like the estimate until current cdrom is done.  I had time during CD1 to
> go to the corner for lunch.  I'd prefer the cdrom was ejected when
> prompting for next one.
>
> I'm a bit concerned that OpenOffice 2.0 beta is on the distro?  Did I miss
> an option to stick with production versions only?  How much other beta
> software did I install?  We've been complaining for a long time that M$
> sells beta software; apparently this Linux distro is no better.

WRONG!! 2.0 is solid......if it does crash, it WILL recover......MickySoft
WON'T do that 9 out of 10 times. I'm editing my final version of a small but
very good cookbook now.........only for those who really like to cook and
consider most fast food not to even be good enough for their dog. ;) Pdf file
will be available when I'm done with it......by private request.

Fred

> Overall (after 10 minutes review) it works well (on an ASUS motherboard).

Consider yourself fortunate indeed! THE only brand I won't consider - PERIOD!

Fred

to you, at this time.