[CS-FSLUG] OT: Business Model Proposal for Christan Libre App

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 00:06:16 CDT 2005

I have engaged some of us in debates regarding the financial viability
of libre software.  I'm just curious as to what some would think of
the following proposal to establish a network of local consultants
capable of providing support for CHADDB, and either of its two
front-ends (Java or Python).  The Python-based project I'm working on
is called Ekklesia (Genesis Edition).  Genesis is console-based.  I'll
graduate to the GUI level in due time.

I've been thinking of ways to offer a commercially viable app while
remaining loyal to my libre software leanings..  I may not even go the
 commercial route, but I am curious about what the consensus might be.
 I really am not much of a business guru, but do think that this idea
could at least make it somewhat viable for everyone involved  I don't
have any serious research to offer to support it - it's just an idea.
I do know that MySQL AB is a debt-free company that seems to emply
some/all of what I'm proposing here.  What do y'all think?

The proposal can be found at:
http://matheteuo.org/chaddb/bus_proposal.txt

Also, see the new screenshots of Ekklesia at:
http://matheteuo.org/chaddb/screenshots.html

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist