[CS-FSLUG] Thin clients

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 29 14:09:04 CST 2005

Frank Bax wrote:

[snip]

> I remember reading on a website once, about someone who setup network
> boot via network card, removed drives and ran systems without fans.
> The office computers were so quite staff were complaining about noise
> from florescent lights.

Too bad those fluerescent lights couldn't be quieter ;-)

I've always wanted to put together a mini computer that would require
little power and make little noise.
Although the case and designers taste in art are really rather hideous,
this computer here http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/decobox/ is rather
interesting, the designer placed a lot of care into reducing the noise
as much as possible. The thing even has a muffler for the power supply
fan :-) .

--
http://celerate.blogspot.com/