[CS-FSLUG] A Favor to Ask

Andrew Minerd andrew at dothedrew.net
Fri Jan 28 11:03:18 CST 2005

> As most know, I snip as much as possible, however,
> responding should be done BELOW the text referenced.

I wasn't actually asking for "top posting", per se. If you read my original email, I was only asking for the reply to be "near the top", not at the very top, and allowed that the portion of the discussion it pertained to be included.

(That said, I'm not sure why it would be considered rude, unless you would argue that it makes more work for a reader that has forgotten what the original email said. Then again, wouldn't it be more correct to write your emails in such a way that they could stand alone, whether that means quoting or simply restructuring your reply to give context?)

I guess I was just at a loss to explain it properly, but Leon did a fine job.

Andrew