[CS-FSLUG] A Favor to Ask

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Jan 28 10:19:55 CST 2005

On Fri January 28 2005 12:56 am, Andrew Minerd wrote:
> While we're on the topic, I guess I'll add my own request: if you're
> replying to a long email, please "snip" and reply towards the top of your
> email, instead of after the countless paragraphs of the original. Right
> now, the only Internet access I have is on my BlackBerry, so perhaps the
> problem is magnified, but I've noticed it even when on a desktop. In most
> cases, I'd rather read your reply and perhaps the portion of the discussion
> that it pertains to, not the entire original - I've already received it
> once, anyways.

As most know, I snip as much as possible, however, responding should be done
BELOW the text referenced. Recently on another elist I'm on, some decided to
continue their "rude" posting at the top. Some of us responded with the
admonishment that it's considered rude on the Net. to do so. They continued,
and we simply ignored their posts. Most now respond below the referenced text
as they should.

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."