[CS-FSLUG] L2 cache disable

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Jan 27 16:02:25 CST 2005

I've been puzzling over this since I got my "new" mobo. The processor
is a P3/1Ghz "Coppermine" -- it has an L1 and L2 cache on the chip.
Tyan says this is supported for the mobo -- a Tomcat i815e. I've
searched the website, Google Groups, and my user manual for the mobo,
but can't figure out how to enable that L2 cache. The scree during boot
clearly says it's disabled. In the BIOS setup, there's not even an
option to enable L2. It shows L1 as "Write-back" but the L2 option is
missing.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? Obviously, the system is
going to run a bit faster with it enabled.

Ed Hurst