[CS-FSLUG] Loosing wireless connection

Alvin Smith alvin at tux.org
Thu Jan 27 08:34:25 CST 2005

My system:

Dell Inspiron 8000
Belkin Wireless Notebook Network Card F5D6020 VER. 2
Debian Sid (newly installed)

When I first boot, or when I first insert the PCMCIA network card into the
computer, networking works just fine.  But after a period of non-use, a few
minutes, I can no longer ping the gateway.

If I restart the network, or if I re-insert the card, networking works again.

If I ask Konq to refresh a webpage every 5 minutes, this will also keep me
connected.  Is this related somehow to power management?  The card seems to
remain powered.

ifconfig -a shows the device as present and configured.

What could be causing this?

Thanks.
--
peace,