[CS-FSLUG] Interesting from a SUSE elist.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Jan 26 11:36:09 CST 2005

On Wed January 26 2005 11:55 am, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> > Belive me any large scale desktop conversion is far, far from a walk in
> > the park, but on the upside you do get to have kids come and complain
> > that Gnome isnt installed, and get to tell them it never will be due to
> > the lack of lockdown options :)
>
> This is well stated and full of truth. Even a windows to windows
> migration can be real hard simply due to training issues.

I've not had to do a large migration yet, and so far, it's been just about a
"piece of cake." 99.9% of the users I've converted only need OpenOffice,
KMail, and a browser......a few have had to learn Gimp. Note the VERY valid
complaint about Gnome.......another reason I INSIST on KDE!

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."