[CS-FSLUG] Suse 9.2 and 3d vid boards...

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Jan 25 08:00:30 CST 2005

On Mon January 24 2005 9:58 pm, timbrown at ichristian.com wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> Just wondering; I'm constructing a new system for my son. Just wondering
> what might be a good buy for a 3d vid board that Suse gets along with
> really well. Fast but not incredibly expensive. He's going to be doing some
> graphics work in school...computer science major.

Stay with nVidia, IMHO. ATI is supported, for the most part, but nVidia has
supported Linux MUCH better. I have a PCI Express 16X nVidia w/128MB
RAM....it's a GeForce FX-5300, which isn't supported directly yet, but if you
set SAX2 to use FX-5200, it works VERY well!! The rendering is AWESOME!!

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."