[CS-FSLUG] Suse 9.2 and 3d vid boards...

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 25 00:44:46 CST 2005

I have a GeForce FX 5200, I don't know whether its affordable or not but it
seems well enough supported, the only thing that doesn't work in Linux yet is
the video input and thats only important if he plans to use it for video
editing.

I've found in SUSE if I can't get 3d working I just need to go to the updates
section and reinstall the fetchnvidia update, that will take care of
installing the driver and running SaX2 will make setting up 3d support easy.
The only thing I've noticed about SUSE is that I've had to install the driver
more times then with other distributions but I can't explain why.

http://celerate.blogspot.com/