[CS-FSLUG] Multimedia support in SUSE 9.2

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Fri Jan 21 12:09:38 CST 2005

I found some RPMS that added all lot of proprietary codecs but I only get a
picture in the videos instead of sound I just get some loud scratchy noises
which are hard to listen to.

If I have install stuff from source I might as well reinstall slackware, I was
just starting to get somewhere with it when I gave it up to volunteer for
Ark.

I'm disappointed that the price tag on SUSE pro doesn't cover better
multimedia support, when it comes to installing third party packages for
multimedia support for myself it always seems to go wrong and make a bigger
mess than when I started.

I don't understand why distribution don't license codecs, SUSE sure costs
enough.