[CS-FSLUG] How come?

David M. david at davidcentral.net
Thu Jan 20 18:42:00 CST 2005

How come my modmap works just fine on mandrake 9.2, but not on 10.1

here is the modmap I created for my keyboard. It works just fine in 9.2. I've
spent 4 days trying to get this to work with MDK 10.1, I've even went as far
as sabotaging my system and having to re-install.

I googled so much and can't find 1 solution, except something about the 2.6
kernel being a piece of junk and im starting to wonder if it's the kernel MDK
used for 10.1

#!/bin/sh

xmodmap -e 'keycode 228=F18' #My Pictures
xmodmap -e 'keycode 188=F19' #My Music
xmodmap -e 'keycode 133=F20' #Messenger
xmodmap -e 'keycode 150=F21' #Log Off
xmodmap -e 'keycode 101=F22' #My Documents
xmodmap -e 'keycode 136=F23' #F2 Undo
xmodmap -e 'keycode 135=F24' #F3 Redo
xmodmap -e 'keycode 120=F25' #F5 Open
xmodmap -e 'keycode 121=F26' #F6 Close