[CS-FSLUG] Fred's gonna love this

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Jan 20 15:17:37 CST 2005

> Further, I haven't kept track, but there are LOTS of PAST MDK users
> who had
> the latest release and had hardware detection issues......ALL are now
> running
> SUSE 9.2. SUSE isn't perfect, but better than anything else in this
> and other
> areas.

	Well, I think it just depends on one's needs. SuSE has never
configured my HP PSC unit for me out of the box, nor my ATI Radeon 9700
video card. Mandrake does. Now, if you have an nVidia card and a normal
Deskjet, SuSE might do a better job for you. It all depends on what
hardware you have. While it doesn't factor into its review results, I'd
also note that if SuSE did a better job with GNOME support, it'd have a
better chance of winning me over personally... of course Novell Linux
may do the trick.

	Although, personally, I'm hedging my bets that Fedora Core 4 will be
*the* premier distro of the Spring crop. With GNOME 2.10, better GUI
config tools and its razor sharp focus on no-non-sense, Apple-like
ease-of-use, it should be great. Plus it will run on PPC, which should
spawn a new industry of Mac minis running Fedora. <g>

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |