[CS-FSLUG] Fred's gonna love this

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 20 12:26:19 CST 2005

Hi folks,

For a week or two I've had Mandrake 10.0 completely replaced with another
distribution, can ya guess what it is?

I'm sure the title was a dead giveaway right, its SLACKWARE! :-)

Actually I'm just joking, I'm using SUSE right now and I'm very impressed with
it. The issue with poor SMP support has been resolved and now it runs like
greased lightning, NO JOKE!

Seems to me Mandrake has forfitted the #1 spot with some real dumb decisions
but on the other hand even after trying SUSE 9.1 pro I had the slight
suspicion SUSE would surpass Mandrake, I just didn't think it would happen
this quickly.

If none of you have tried SUSE 9.2 yet the personal edition can no longer be
found in most stores as far as I know, but is now available as a free
download either as everything on a DVD or as a net-install on one CD.

I'm very certain about ordering a copy of SUSE pro now, I've just confirmed
that it will now play an mp3 without skipping even when I'm opening
OpenOffice.org, YaST and copying a huge folder from one driver to another all
at the same time. Now all I need to do is save up some money for it :-) .

Right now SUSE 9.2 pro is the #1 KDE oriented distribution I've tried, if all
goes well I think it should win the distro shootout but thats up to Tim :-) .

--
http://celerate.blogspot.com/