[CS-FSLUG] Command line query

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Thu Jan 20 08:08:31 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 08:23 -0500, Frank Bax wrote:

> All of your attempts assume that wget will output the picture to stdout,
> which wget cannot do - wget creates a file.  Therefore, you should try this:
>
> wget http://ed.asisaid.com/VnE.jpg ; xv VnE.jpg

And I thought I was going to be the first smart alec to recommend
wget http://ed.asisaid.com/VnE.jpg ; xv V*.jpg

:-)

You would have to dovnload the pic with a pragram willing to output the
download to stdout.

Alternately, use an image viewer capable of pulling something off the
web. The Image-Magick suite is such a one. That allovs the folloving
command...

display http://ed.asisaid.com/VnE.jpg

JSR/