[CS-FSLUG] Test message

Jerry Van Brimmer jevb at runbox.com
Sun Jan 16 23:20:40 CST 2005

On Sunday 16 January 2005 08:49 pm, Christopher Rose wrote:
> Jerry,
>
> Check out Basic Linux. It is based upon slackware, only more minimalistic.
>
> Pax,
> Christopher

Thanks Chris, I'll keep that in mind. Right now I have two linuxes installed,
Slack and Yoper. I've learned not to get to carried away with multiple
installations, it gets to complex. I've done it before, but I don't want to
do it again. The whole reason I'm trying out Yoper is because of the recent
illness of Patrick Volkerding. As far as I can tell, he has no back up plan
for Slackware, should, (God forbid), something happen to him. As the old
saying goes, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." I'm beginning to think
it's foolish to base an entire distribution on one man. So, I want to have
another distribution installed I can fall back on. But, having said all of
that, I'm open to all recommendations and suggestions. But, I don't like SuSE
or Mandrake, or Red Hat. I like a less commercialized distro. So far, I like
Yoper. But I haven't tried to do any security updates with it yet.  We'll see
how that goes soon. I have managed to get Mutt and Moneydance installed and
running. I must say that my Slackware experience has helped me tremendously
with Yoper, even though it is a rpm based distro. I guess I'll have to
relearn how to use rpms. Well, I've just been rambling on here. If your still
reading, thanks for "listening". Comments welcome.

Jerry