TD: Re: [CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That (who we really are)

Leon Brooks xtiansrc at leon.brooks.fdns.net
Tue Jan 11 20:05:11 CST 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 11:01, David M. wrote:
> On Monday 10 January 2005 07:50 pm, Leon Brooks wrote:
>> On Tuesday 11 January 2005 02:49, David M. wrote:
>>> Can you become a homosexual?

>> Yes. I've watched it happen (almost literally in one case) to two
>> people. One suicided a few years later, and I lost track of the
>> other.

> Are you sure you wasn't witnessing someone realizing who they
> really are?

Absolutely. Both men became very unhappy about their choice, despite (in
one case) the typical euphoria of a new convert to *anything* and while
I didn't get to read the note myself, but was told that the suicide had
come to the conclusion that it had been a quote, bloody stupid,
unquote, thing to do.

As to "who we really are": we really are fallen and sinful, aren't we?

Discovering "who we really are" is of absolutely no help to us unless we
go on to beg forgiveness for it and then accept God's solutions for it.
"Who we really are" is not something to glory in, it's something to be
disposed of ASAP. God specifically says in several places that people
denying "who they really are" are worse off than if they didn't know.

Cheers; Leon

--
Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time,
"Thou shalt not kill;"
and "whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:"
But I say unto you that
whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause
shall be in danger of the judgment:
and whosoever shall say to his brother, "Raca [shallow/stupid one]",
shall be in danger of the council:
but whosoever shall say, "Thou [morally reckless] fool",
shall be in danger of hell fire.
Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar,
and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way;
first be reconciled to thy brother,
and then come and offer thy gift. -- Matthew 5:21-24, KJV