[CS-FSLUG] Mail Client

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 15:13:28 CST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:10:15 -0500, Stephen J. McCracken
<smccrack at hcjb.org.ec> wrote:
> Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > I've not had any trouble with KMail. Presently, I'm playing with
> > Thunderbird 1.0. I like some things about it, and there's a few things
> > that KMail does that Thunderbird doesn't. I'm not sure if I'll keep it
> > up and running or not.
>
> Could you expound on this?  I quickly tried KMail once when it was
> mentioned on this list earlier (It was supposed to be really quick).
> But KMail lacked one thing I really use.  It couldn't with its filtering
> move things between server folders on an IMAP server.  (Or, at least, I
> couldn't find it.)  I now am using thunderbird (partly because we might
> be recommending it to our users (mostly windows) and I wanted to get
> familiar with it.  It does have the ability to filter between folders on
> the IMAP server.
>
> sjm

Sylpheed-Claws does this as well, I believe, while offering the "reply
to e-mail list" function that KMail offers.  T-bird doesn't offer this
feature, which has gotten me into hot water once or twice, and I no
longer use it for listservs.  Well, I do use Evolution for the ones
that offer e-mail munging.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist