[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That (long)

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 17:32:57 CST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:30:57 -0500, Fred A. Miller
<fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Mon January 10 2005 7:54 am, Leon Brooks wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > He needs salvation *from* his sin, not *in* it. He knows what he's doing
> > wrong, he came from a conservative Protestant family, every other
> > member of which, so far as I am able to tell, is 100% heterosexual and
> > happy with it (which would fit with the real stats for Western
> > population of about 1% homosexuals, rather than the inflated 10% or
> > more routinely shoved in peoples' faces by the gay pride brigade). But
> > natural perversity drives him back to it "as a dog to his own vomit".
> > He is distressed, constantly distressed, because his choice is wrong
> > and he knows it. Intrinsically knows it, too: his habits are not
> > brought up or harped on by anyone else that I know of.
>
> [snip]
>
> I have lost 2 friends because of the same attitude, only they died because of
> drugs and alcohol. Both wanted acceptance from all of us that because of
> other problems they had, it was acceptable to abuse some substance. It
> wasn't, and I pleaded with them more than once to get help before it was too
> late. I did everything but drag them out of the bars and away from the drugs,
> which I couldn't do anyway. No matter how much you may want someone to leave
> his sin, the decision is up to that person. All we can do is pray for them.
>
> A very good friend of mine's brother was homosexual.....all was done that
> could be done to get him to leave that life. He continually did the same
> thing you mentioned.......wanted us to approve, and we never brought up the
> subject. We watched him "die by inches" with AIDS...........a very long
> painfull death.
>
> Fred
>
> --
Well, they say it's impossible, but I know a guy who battled AIDS for
some time, and is now considered HIV negative.  He's a world-reknown
dancer and choreographs dance at the church where I met my wife.  He
sang in the choir with me.  I remember watching him struggle, at times
wondering if he was about to die.  I remember specifically visiting
and praying with him in some of those low moments.

I can't swear to it, but I believe he was previously homosexual (he
simply has never said so).  His decreasingly effeminate behavior might
be a good indicator.  I do know that he committed to a change.  He is
now an ordained Baptist minister with his doctoral degree under his
belt.  As far as I can tell, he is a strong Christian man today, and
is never afraid to share the goodness of how God has saved his life.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/