[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Leon Brooks xtiansrc at leon.brooks.fdns.net
Mon Jan 10 07:17:41 CST 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 17:40, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 04:54:09PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
>> "effeminate" unquestionably refers to the feminine side of a male
>> homosexual relationship, and the "abusers" phrase unquestionably
>> refers to the masculine side of a male homosexual relationship.

> Unquestionably?  Couldn't "effeminate" refer to transvestites?

In English, yes. In the Koine Greek it's pretty obvious.

>> Now, do you require me to quote the other passages and dig out a
>> tonne of Koine Greek and Hebrew, or are you prepared to accept that
>> the homosexual sites are shamelessly (how else?) using Scripture as
>> a drunk uses a lamp-post?

> I do so require.  Not because I think that homosexual behavior is a
> sin, but because I'm constitutionaly uncomfortable with ANYTHING
> being "unquestionable."

OK, if you don't see a post within a few days, remind me. I'm just about
zonked on my feet here at the moment.

Cheers; Leon

--
Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time,
"Thou shalt not kill;"
and "whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:"
But I say unto you that
whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause
shall be in danger of the judgment:
and whosoever shall say to his brother, "Raca [shallow/stupid one]",
shall be in danger of the council:
but whosoever shall say, "Thou [morally reckless] fool",
shall be in danger of hell fire.
Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar,
and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way;
first be reconciled to thy brother,
and then come and offer thy gift. -- Matthew 5:21-24, KJV