[CS-FSLUG] Political Discussion---please humour me.

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Sun Jan 9 21:31:24 CST 2005

Here's my results... I'm not so sure my fluctuations do not have to do
more with how I read things than what I really think, because I really
don't change this much. I think averaging things, probably the most
recent seems to be close enough to the 2002 one that it is likely
closer to the "real me" than the Nov. 2003 one.

I did one this past October/November, but I can't find it right now. :-\

July 1, 2002: Economic Left/Right: 4.00
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.28

Nov. 2003: Economic Left/Right: 2.75
  Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.05

Jan. 2005: Economic Left/Right: 3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79

Some of it does have to do with what Aaron mentioned too... there are
some things I'm against or for but still will answer in the opposite
direction when it comes to government involvement (yeah, I'm a
borderline Libertarian). No matter the test, I always land on the
right, but in these more complex measures, I will vary between being a
Populist and Libertarian, depending on the wording of the questions.

The ones here are rather interesting, although they are tied
specifically to the 2004 election:
http://asisaid.com/cgi-bin/safari/safari_retrv.pl?
action=retrieve&issue=-1&article=451

	-Tim

On Jan 9, 2005, at 2:06 PM, Christopher Rose wrote:

> One of the bulletin boards I participate on had this URL. I would like
> to ask some of you to check it out and take this test. Given the
> number of political rants I have seen lately, I have ask if any of us
> really do know when we stand politically speaking. It can be argued
> that our faith affects ours political decision making. Yet, it would
> be interesting to see how some of us score on this test, especially
> those with the strongest political attitudes.
>
> Also, perhaps CS-FSLUG should consider creating a bulletin board of
> it's own, though with password protection of course.
>
> Have Fun.
>

> Christopher
>

> Linux Counter User: #350477
> http://www.counter.li.org
>

> Political Compass:
>
> http://www.politicalcompass.org
> --

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |