[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 9 04:51:52 CST 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 05:34:12AM -0800, Ralph De Witt wrote:
> On Thursday 06 January 2005 11:35 pm, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> > Ralph, I'd like to see your source, if possible.  I was under the
> > impression that only a very few animals (humans, bonobos, and dolphins,
> > i believe) engaged in sexual activities for pleasure.  I had thought the
> > rest of the cases of homosexuality in animals were cases of dominance
> > games.
> Aaron:
> Try these links to news stories on the subject:
>
>  http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=1&id=323077
>
>  http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/123978/1/.html
>
> http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/02/07/MNG3N4RAV41.DTL
>
> http://www.animenation.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-164322.html
>
> http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/cns/2002-06-10/591.asp

Interesting.  Of course the scientists, at least in one of the articles,
are careful to state that animals should not be used to determine human
orality.  At any rate, I'd like to continue this discussion, but
possibly the rest of the list is getting tired of it.  I notice that you
have your aim name in your signature, so I will contact you, if you've
no objections.  Actually, I'll contact you anyway. :-)

Aaron Lehmann