[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 7 01:35:57 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 03:56:19PM -0800, Ralph De Witt wrote:
> On Thursday 06 January 2005 12:28 pm, K. Luckenbaugh wrote:
> > I said it before, I'll say it again...     "It is an abomination for a
> > man to lay with a man.  Does not nature itself prove this."
> Kelly:
> Homosexual animals occur naturally in nature. IIRC there are several
> homosexual penguins in the New York zoo. The zoo keepers report that they
> keep there nest cleaner than the heterosexual penquins, and have a stronger
> bond between each other. They are more loving and carrying toward each other.
> Is this what you are trying to prove. Homosexual animals have been observered
> in other species also.

Ralph, I'd like to see your source, if possible.  I was under the
impression that only a very few animals (humans, bonobos, and dolphins,
i believe) engaged in sexual activities for pleasure.  I had thought the
rest of the cases of homosexuality in animals were cases of dominance
games.

Aaron Lehmann