[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Jan 6 16:30:26 CST 2005

On Thu January 6 2005 1:30 pm, Stephen J. McCracken wrote:
> Interesting thread.  I would like to reiterate a couple of comments:
>
> Leon Brooks wrote:
> > Practitioners of homosexuality are as thoroughly and explicitly excluded
> > from Heaven as are thieves and murderers. No more, and no less. As much
> > as we are called on to love and convert thieves and murderers to God's
> > side, so we are called on to love and convert those who choose to
> > practice sexual abberations.
>
> K Montgomery wrote:
>  > But unfortunately, Christians and non-Christians alike continue to
>  > miss the "big picture" by willfully isolating homosexuality as an
>  > issue.
>  > Christians do it to point a finger (or maybe just because they don't
>  > know better).  Non-Christians do it to evade the real issue: Jesus
>  > Christ.
>  >
>
> It is a hot point to pick out homosexuality as a big issue, but, as God
> has said:
>
> "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," (Romans 3:23,
> NIV)

[snip]

We all know that, and agree with it. You "lost" what this is all about, and
it's very, very simple. It's called "bait and switch." DISTORTED scripture
was posted, and the rest were lies to support homosexuality. Naturally, many
of us responded, but in the course of all that, the "switch" is to say, "well
we're all sinners therefore we should be loved and welcomed into the church
TO PARTICIPATE etc., etc."

No, that's NOT how it is, nor will it be in any real Christ centered church!
First, the Scriptures DO condemn homosexuality. Second, they are welcome in
the church, but like ANY other practicing sinner (child molester, drug
dealer, etc.) you WON'T be allowed to join the church nor hold any position.
Part of being saved is to repent, and CONTINUING to do so.....NOT continue to
practice your sin!

The bottom line is, the whole thing started with a series of lies in one post.
It was posted to "stir the pot," and maybe get someone to agree with the
garbage.....and that's exactly what it was. It was and is an attempt to get
Christians to think that homosexuality is "ok" and not a sin. That may be the
position of the weak minded and those who don't attend an evangelical church
nor have read their Bible, but it certainly ISN'T for the rest of us nor will
it ever be!

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."