[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Thu Jan 6 15:50:57 CST 2005

> When children, youth and adults embody these values, regardless of
> sexual
> orientation, we are growing into the whole people God hopes we will
> become.
> You or I may hyperfocus on a person's sexual orientation, but God
> loves the
> sum of all of our parts."

	Just another thought: why do you suppose this is such a focus? It's
because sexual sins are some of the ones humans have the hardest time
standing against. Consider David and Bathsheba. Not only did he fall to
his lusts, but he also then realized the need to cover it up and
committed murder to compound his existing sin.

	We are constantly bombarded with temptation in this department.
Everywhere. Turn on the TV, on the radio, billboards, newspaper ads.
Homosexual or heterosexual promiscuity is encouraged by today's
society. Thus, the frequency of need to deal with the issues
surrounding this are much greater than, for example, the need for the
church to speak out against murder ("everyone" already knows that
murder is wrong and the great majority in our society are accepting of
that). Dishonest is also looked down upon in most parts of society, for
example.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |