[CS-FSLUG] YOU SAY, GOD SAYS

Stephen J. McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Thu Jan 6 13:00:42 CST 2005

Fred A. Miller wrote:
> God has a positive answer:
> YOU SAY
> GOD SAYS
> BIBLE VERSES

You say: "Homosexuality is really, really bad and those homosexuals are
really, really bad people.  Let's rant about them and show each other
that what they're doing is really, really wrong!  (But let's NOT talk
about liars, adultorers, gluttons, disobey-ers, or other types of
"white/grey-sins" because we all agree that homosexuality is a really,
really BLACK sin that's really, really bad!)"

God says: "I love **all** sinners (even YOU) enough to send my only son
to die for them and be their savior.  My son, Jesus, has called you to
follow him:

1 John 2:6 - Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

But this passage has more context:

"We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man
who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and
the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is
truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever
claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in
the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is
nothing in him to make him stumble. But whoever hates his brother is in
the darkness and walks around in the darkness; he does not know where he
is going, because the darkness has blinded him.

(1 John 2:3-5, 2:9-11)