[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Ralph De Witt ralphdewitt at charter.net
Wed Jan 5 17:24:46 CST 2005

Found this on the Web and I found this very interesting.

God didn't say that!
bullet	The Bible never said that the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were
destroyed because of any sexual acts of their inhabitants.

The truth is: The Bible says the two cities were destroyed because of their
arrogance, refusing to show hospitality to weary, traveling strangers.

bullet	The Bible never said that it's a sin for two people of the same sex to
love each other.

The truth is: The Bible includes several examples of same-sex couples in
faithful committed relationships.

bullet	The Bible never said that Jesus Christ condemned homosexuality.

The truth is: Jesus referred to three types of "eunuchs", among them those
"born eunuchs." Was he referring to homosexuals as "born eunuchs"?

bullet	The Bible never said that St. Paul (or any other disciple) condemned
homosexuality.

The truth is: The Greek New Testament does not contain the word for
"homosexual" at all. The English word "homosexual" didn't exist until the
19th century, so it doesn't appear in the King James version either.
--
	Yours,
	Ralph.