[CS-FSLUG] [OT] Strange Timing issue with Excel

Doug Coats dcoats at heritagemail.org
Wed Jan 5 14:16:31 CST 2005

I know, I know...this is a Linux group but have Mercy on me sinner.

I am forced to IS/IT in an environment that will never be fully Linux
because of proprietary software and user comfort.

I recently rebuilt a computer for one of my office staff.  It has WinXP Pro
and Office 2000 on it.  Excel is doing something very strange.  It is taking
approximately 15 sec. on every task.  Opening a file, unhiding columns,
moving rows, all 15 sec.  It did not do this before the rebuild.  It does
not do it on delicately configured machines with the same files.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it which made a difference - once.  Than it
went back to the same thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doug