[CS-FSLUG] CHRISTIANS FACE 47 YEARS IN PRISON

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Jan 5 13:49:34 CST 2005

PENNSYLVANIA CHRISTIANS FACE 47 YEARS IN PRISON FOR READING THE BIBLE IN
PUBLIC

What we have been saying has now happened. You cannot quote what the
Bible has to say about homosexuality in public or you will be charged
with a "hate crime." Philadelphia is only the beginning. If we fail to
take a stand here, this "crime" will soon be applied across America.

In the 27 years of this ministry, I have never witnessed a more
outrageous miscarriage of justice than what is happening in
Philadelphia. Four Christians are facing up to 47-years in prison and
$90,000 in fines for preaching the Gospel on a public sidewalk, a
right fully protected by the First Amendment.

On October 10, 2004, the four Christians were arrested in
Philadelphia. They are part of "Repent America." Along with founder
Michael Marcavage, members of Repent America-with police
approval--were preaching near "Outfest", a homosexual event, handing
out Gospel literature and carrying banners with Biblical messages.

When they tried to speak, they were surrounded by a group of radical
homosexual activists dubbed the "Pink Angels". A videotape of the
incident shows the Pink Angels interfering with the Christians'
movement on the street, holding up large pink symbols of angels to
cover up the Christians' messages and blowing high pitched whistles to
drown out their preaching.

Rather than arrest the homosexual activists and allow the Christians
to exercise their First Amendment rights, the Philadelphia police
arrested and jailed the Christians!

They were charged with eight crimes, including three felonies:
possession of instruments of crime (a bullhorn), ethnic intimidation
(saying that homosexuality is a sin), and inciting a riot (reading
from the Bible some passages relating to homosexuality) despite the
fact that no riot occurred.

You may think I am exaggerating. I'm not. Our AFA Center for Law
and Policy is representing these four individuals at no cost. We will
take this case all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary to get
justice.

There is so much more about this case I don't have room for it in this
letter. We have prepared a 25-minute VHS/DVD in which two AFA-CLP
attorneys discuss the case in detail.

Please help us with our expenses in representing these committed
Christians. With your tax-deductible gift of $15, less than the cost
of a cup of coffee once a month for the next year, we will send your
choice of either the VHS or DVD. Watch the VHS/DVD, then share it with
your Sunday school class and church. This VHS/DVD should be required
viewing in every church in America.

Click here to get your copy of the Philadelphia 4 Story
https://store.afa.net/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=27

Thanks for caring enough to get involved. We must not allow this
travesty of justice to continue.

Sincerely,

Donald E. Wildmon, Chairman
American Family Association

P.S. Please forward this email to at least one friend.

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."