[CS-FSLUG] Re:comercial Christian Software for Linux

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 21:12:53 CST 2005

There are some people working on a public domain English "translation"
(well, really an attempt to update the English in an earlier
translation which is now in the public domain - the American Standard
Version of 1901).

See http://ebible.org/bible/web/webfaq.htm for some details (parts of
their website appear to be encountering problems at this time though).

Here's another article on this translation, which discusses aspects of
this project in some greater depth - worth a read I think:
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/6835-The_Internet_shall_make_Bible_free_.html

David