[CS-FSLUG] The Moral Foundation of Free Software

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Jan 4 11:06:53 CST 2005

On Tue January 4 2005 5:21 am, Don Parris wrote:

[snip]

> Frankly, some of us might agree that, just because something is legal,
> doesn't mean it is morally o.k. - abortion is one example.  I remain
> convinced that developing and using FOSS fall more in line with
> biblical principles than developing & using proprietary software.  I
> remain unconvinced that proprietary software is in harmony with
> biblical principles.

I don't agree. We all have to eat and pay our bills. A code jockey is no
different than the rest of us. I support BOTH, FOSS and proprietary. There's
no reason that they both can't exist side by side, just as there's NO VALID
reason for MickySoft NOR any other company to do business in an immoral
manner.

Fred

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."