[CS-FSLUG] server distro?

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:29:02 CST 2005

I ran Trustix (www.trustix.net) on an in-house server before
(firewall, dns, etc.), and had no problems.  I know that the original
company creating it did fold, and then the product was bought up by
some of the former employees, so I'm not too sure what it's like
today.

That said, almost any modern Linux distribution has the option to be
installed as a server.  You could use RedHat's kickstart/anaconda to
generate some new CD images with the subset of the packages that you
desire (as far as deployment ease is concerned), or do something
similar with SuSE's yast.  I've worked with RedHat on a cluster before
using an IBM cluster management package by the name of x-cat and that
combination worked quite well.

David