[CS-FSLUG] "Penguin in the Pew" nears 2500 downloads

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 23:05:30 CST 2005

"Penguin in the Pew" was downloaded nearly 2500 times since its
release in early May 2004.  Given the lack of a high-dollar marketing
campaign, I would say that's pretty darn good for a premiere release.

Aside from that, most of my hits are now beginning to come from sites
within the Christian FOSS community.  This could be an indication that
people are finding the sites within the community and then discovering
Matheteuo's site from there.  If true, this means that being linked to
from community sites could be a great advantage for any site.  Folks
who discover Christian FOSS projects on the web should encourage them
to introduce themselves.  Additional links are coming from webmail
messages.

Interestingly, NewsForge and Linux Journal began showing up more in my
December stats than they have since September.  CARM, the Christian
Apologetics & Research Ministry continues to be one of my biggest
referrers.  Our stats jumped greatly in December with the screenshots
showing CHADDB in use with OpenOffice.org.  We had the 2nd highest
number of visitors since "The Penguin Driven Church Office" appeared
on LinuxJournal.com.  We also blew our previous bandwidth record out
of the water.

Some of this is just juicy tidbits that you may find interesting.
However, I think the fact that most of our visitors are being referred
from community sites and webmail accounts means the community is
becoming more visible to the outside world.  People are also obviously
e-mailing others to spread the word.  The "others" are checking their
webmail and clicking the link to MCF.  So the word is getting out.  I
hope y'all find this helpful, even if not interesting. :)

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/